Prince Kwame Agbata is the co-founder of Coliba,
It is an early stage waste management platform that leverages on SMS to help users separate their waste, schedule and request a pickup and get waste picked from the comfort of users home. Coliba pays the user for the waste generated.
Prince is a first class graduate of Information Technology, being the only member of his family to have completed university, his initial goal was to end up working for Google Ghana. As fate would have it, things changed for him.
In 2016, Coliba won the British Council Ghana Investor’s pitch session.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Prince lost his close friend due to defective waste disposal system in Ghana
- How did he cope with this tragedy?
- That prince met his three other co-founders on a bus during a trip
- Prince was the first member of his family to complete university education. How did this shape him?
- The importance of partnering with established companies and how they can help your business
- Prince and his co-founders have an ambitious 5-year plan. What is it?
- Most businesses face the challenge of breaking into a new market after being successful in one. Coliba currently runs in two markets, and they’ve done so from inception. Find out how?
- How to run a company with four co-founders in four different companies. Coliba has a co-founder each in Ghana, Nigeria, Abidjan and Burkina Faso.
- And more
Selected links from this episode
Building The Future Podcast Season 2 is sponsored by the British Council.
The British Council is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities. You can learn more about their activities here.