Olamide Brown is the founder of Flying Doctors Nigeria.
Already, you understand how unique and important what she is doing is.
Millions of people have lost their lives because they could not be transported to the right doctor or medical facility in time. Her sister was one of these people.
She decided to do something about it.
Flying Doctors Nigeria (FDN) Limited is a Medical Emergency Service that specializes in air ambulance, medevac, remote site medical solutions, and infrastructural development and training.
She had a lot of people tell her the idea couldn’t work.
How did she pull it off?
In today’s episode, you’ll learn:
- Ola hasn’t done much of flying or practice medicine in years. Why? What does this have to do with running the business? And how difficult was this decision?
- How did she become a pilot and a medical doctor at the same time?
- It was difficult getting people to believe in her business at the start. More difficult because it was a fairly new concept in Nigeria. But she had a lucky break after a lot of hard work. What was it? Find out
- Her biggest business pain point is managing herself. What does this mean?
- Ola does not want to own a plane. She prefers leasing. What is the rationale behind this business decision? How has it worked so far? Would you agree with her reasons?
Selected Links from the episode
Selected Book from the episode