On the podcast today, we have Michael Ocansey, the CTO and Co-Founder of AgroCenta.
Agrocenta uses tech to aggregate smallholder farmers in rural farming communities and gives them access to market, capital and resources.
Agrocenta will run one of the largest agriculture business in the country without owning a single farmland.
Mike is a software engineer who created a platform to aggregate and connect smallholder farmers to big companies that need their produce. He is currently working with a brewery…. he is building the future of farming in Africa.
Agrocenta aims to sign up 1000 farmers and working on 1000 hectares in Ghana. And they are barely scratching the surface of opportunity!
On This Episode You’ll Learn:
- How Agrocenta is using technology to make the sale and transportation of produce seamless
- Agrocenta’s fool-proof way of onboarding farmers
- How Agrocenta is helping farmers access credit from financial institutions, as well as educating them so they can cultivate better produce.
- More about Swappaholics, Michael’s first startup, and how it pivoted into Agrocenta
- Some thoughts on the Ghanaian startup ecosystem and the opportunity for growth
- And much more
Selected links from this episode