Franz Struwig is the cofounder of iKubu,
iKubu is a high-tech product development company that specializes in producing computer vision and radar systems.
Their product, Backtracker was acquired by Garmin, a multinational technology company. In this conversation with Dotun, Franz explains how they went from building products to selling one.
If you are looking to start a business and learn about the various roles one can assume in achieving success, Franz’s story is one you’ll find captivating.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How having fun with tech-led to building a profitable business
- “Initially, we were all over the place. We were building products that were complete failures.” What did Franz mean by this? How did they turn the situation around?
- Franz and his team tried to raise funding and according to him “it was a complete waste of time” Why did he think so? What were the challenges? And how can the story help your business?
- Why big companies have less capacity to execute than small companies.
- How to take your product to market.
- That crowdfunding is not a way of getting money. Why does Franz think it’s going to cost you a lot more money than you are going to make?
- How to market and brand your product yourself.
- How can you take advantage of influencer marketing to help your business growth?
Selected Links from the episode
Selected book from this episode
- Adam Makos: A Higher Call: An Incredible True Story of Combat and Chivalry in the War-Torn Skies of World War II