Akin Alabi is the founder of Nairabet, an online sports betting platform.
Akin grew up with the hopes of being rich. According to him, he wasn’t too particular about his profession as long as it was legal and it made him rich.
He started his career by selling ebooks, CDSs, audiotapes and manuals. In 2009, he launched Nairabet.
Last year, he launched his book…Small Business, Big Money. A book that teaches how to start, grow and turn a small business into a “cash-generating machine.”
Akin is the founder of Youth Enterprise Conference, an annual conference held in March every year where successful young experts and businesspeople share their success stories with Nigerian youths.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How the business model of a sports betting company works
- How to understand and use to your advantage the effect and psychology of your customers buying power
- Why was Akin not interested in looking for a job after his HND?
- What is the most valuable pricing lesson Akin learned has an entrepreneur?
- About the previous businesses, he started before and failed. And his determination to keep trying again
- What are the factors you need to consider if you are going into publishing? What are the lessons from Akin’s story?
- What is the disadvantage of selling your products for cheap? How does it affect upselling?
- There are many ways of building a minimum viable product. One of them was mentioned in this chat. Find out what it is
- Who should be your biggest investors? And how can you appeal to them?
- Akin is a politician and intends to run for Federal House of Representatives. What is his motivation? How does he intend to innovate the process?
- And more
Selected links from this episode
- Complete sports
- Coral betting
- 1960 bet