Tunde Leye is the author of four novels, including his latest: Afonja, The Rise.
He began his writing as a blogger during his mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC). Tunde ran this blog for three years during which he wrote seven series including wildly popular Finding Hubby.
He studied Computer Science at the University of Lagos and tried numerous things including music and lecturing.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The process of publishing books in Nigeria, challenges and opportunities
- The two publishing options available to a Nigerian writer
- How do you know if your work is good as a writer?
- How was Tunde able to self-publish successfully?
- How to make your writing a product
- The importance of checks and balances
- The difference between a strong system and a strong leader
- A breakdown of his book – Afonja, The Rise
- What the sequels you can expect from Tunde?
- A brief but thorough history of the old Oyo empire
- And more
Frequent Yoruba words in the podcast and their meanings
- Alaafin – King of the old Oyo empire
- Aremo – Crown prince
- Bashorun Gaa – Military leader in old Oyo empire
- Oyo Mesi – King making council of the old Oyo empire
- Ajele – Loyalists to the Alaafin
Selected books from this episode
Flutterwave drives growth for banks and businesses across Africa through digital payment technology. You can learn more about their activities here.